- 1 pkg 50ct. Menlo brand Lumpia wrappers (slice diagonally into triangles when defrosted – yield 100)
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce (or to taste)
- 1 TBSP Pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 TBSP Accent (optional)(or to taste)
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 2 carrots – sliced into small strips (or use food processor to save time)
- 2 cans water chestnuts – sliced lengthwise (or use food processor to save time)
- 1 TBSP grated fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 lb ground turkey (can use ground chicken or beef or any combination of the three)
- 1/4 lb shrimp – deveined, cleaned and chopped into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic – diced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg white (to seal wrappers)
- Vegetable oil for frying (can substitute peanut oil)
- Sweet and sour sauce (for dipping)
- Slice/chop all ingredients before cooking.
- In a wok or large pan, over medium heat, saute garlic in 2 tbsp oil.
- Add ground turkey (or desired meats) and cook until no longer pink (if using turkey or chicken ensure that it is cooked thoroughly without overcooking!).
- Add accent and pepper to taste.
- Add ~ 3 tbsp soy sauce.
- Add shrimp; cook until just pink in color being careful not to overcook.
- Add carrots and water chestnuts to meat and shrimp – stir to mix.
- Add chopped green onions.
- Add remaining soy sauce (to taste) and pepper (to taste).
- Stir mixture well – do not overcook the vegetables.
- Drain excess liquid from mixture and let cool. Lumpia is easier to wrap when cool. Additionally the juices won’t soak through and rip the wrappers.
- Arrange Lumpia wrapper in front of you on a flat surface with longest edge closest to your person and the point of the triangle furthest away.
- Spoon approximately 1 tbsp of mixture onto wrapper closest to long edge.
- Roll up once to cover filling and then fold in left and then right points to seal the ends and finish rolling towards the point.
- Use egg white to seal the Lumpia.
- Heat vegetable oil (or peanut oil) in pan over medium heat (can use a deep fryer if available)
- Cook lumpia until brown and crispy.